IPR Framework for Digital Transformation in the Cultural Heritage sector
This workshop session aims to understand the challenges and opportunities of the European legal Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) framework for the Digital Transformation of the CHI sector.
Is IP protection, copyright in particular, a curse or an opportunity for CHIs? Can new mechanisms be implemented to facilitate access and dissemination of cultural content and information by CHIs? We will report on our IPR mapping and run focus group exercises to uncover challenges faced by individual CHIs.
We welcome participants from Cultural Heritage Institutions who are faced with a rapidly accelerating Digital Transformation in the sector. We want to hear from you: What are the challenges you face? What are your concerns or hopes? What role does open access play in your organization? Can IPR help to develop new, promising business models for 21st-century-proof CHIs?
In the workshop, we will report on the IPR mapping made in the context of the legal research in inDICEs, and propose some takeaways to the participants. We will also present some initial data from the survey on IPR that we will run from Mid-August onwards, and from the participatory process on this very portal. The main activity of the IPR workshop will then consist in a “focus group” with participants to gather inputs and comments.
- 14:00 – Brief introduction of the two days sessions by Frederik Truyen (5 minutes)
- 14:05 – Introduction of the inDICEs project by Sara Di Giorgio (10 minutes)
- 14:15 - Introduction of the WP2 goals by Prof.Marie-Christine Janssens (15 minutes)
- 14:30 – Introduction of the ReCreating Europe Project (15 minutes)
- 14:45 – Main comments from the ‘Mapping of the relevant European IP legal framework’ (20minutes)
- 15:05 - Surveys promotion- Recreating Europe & inDICEs (10 minutes)
- 15:15 – Coffee break (15 minutes)
- 15:30 - Breakout session – consultation with groups of participants
- 16:15 - Wrap up and conclusions from the groups- chaired by Frederik Truyen
- 17:00 – End of the session