[Guest] Europeana Impact Community meets inDICEs
Impact of digital cultural heritage as a driver of social change
Understanding the impact of the heritage sector
This discussion thread is for participants to share their thoughts on how the cultural heritage sector impacts society and the world around it.
How can we narrate impact in a unified way when the sector is so diverse and speaks different languages (linguistically and conceptually)?
- Shared language (what’s missing in our current language and narrative)?
- Can we have a shared story?
- Do we miss any indicators? Areas of impact?
How do we engage the general public more to hear from them what value digital cultural heritage creates?
- New methods? What do creative methods look like?
- New approaches in project design (participation)? Education and partnership working with communities?
How can the sector come together to understand its total impact?
- What communities are needed?
- Creating movement - momentum
- How do we bring professionals together?
- What tools are needed?
To participate feel free to comment on this thread with any thoughts or insights you feel are relevant to this discussion.
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?
What is the summary or conclusion of this debate?
I'm particularly interested in participatory evaluation and programme design methods. How do we use evaluation and impact assessment - and participatory design - as a way to get people involved and to feel invested in cultural activity?
Add your comment
Sign in with your account or sign up to add your comment.
Loading comments ...