Impact Lite Training & Community Building Taskforce
Impact Lite Playbook and guided learning
4 May 2022: taskforce meeting #2
04 May 2022
12:00 - 13:30
Version number 4 (of 4) see other versions
Welcome to our May meeting!
You preparation work is to:
- Review Phase one of the Impact Playbook.
- Think about what parts are most essential to keep. Try to stick to a shortlist of three elements that you think must be included in the Impact Lite methodology.
- Think about how you might learn more about these elements. What learning resource(s) and techniques would you need? How much time would it take to really internalise it?
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let us know!
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?
Information from Nora (thanks Nora!)
The backward design process sort of works like this:
· To identify the skills you aim to teach, it is first essential to define your target audience, as different audiences will have different needs, as well as different starting skill sets.
· Identify the practical skills we aim to teach. Creating a series of broad learning objectives for the whole course, and then more granular learning objectives for each part of the delivery/lesson might also be useful (Using Bloom’s Taxonomy to Write Effective Learning Objectives | Teaching Innovation and Pedagogical Support (uark.edu)…”By the end of this course, the student will be able to determine whether using the Impact Playbook is suitable for their needs. By the end of this lesson, the student will be able to describe the Change Pathway in her/his own words…..”)
Information from Nora (cont'd)
Design challenges (ie, activities/exercises/quizzes) to give an opportunity for our learners to practice and integrate these skills. https://cdh.carpentries.org/designing-challenges.html#different-types-of-challenges
Useful resource - https://carpentries.github.io/curriculum-development/
https://tips.uark.edu/using-blooms-taxonomy/ - Bloom's learning taxonomy
Add your comment
Sign in with your account or sign up to add your comment.
Loading comments ...