The Open Observatory
Decidim’s Social Contract
Decidim is also more than a digital platform: it is an open project and infrastructure that includes code, documentation, design, training, a legal framework, collaborative interfaces, a community of users and facilitators, and a global vision. All members of the Decidim community must adhere to the Social Contract. This is the Code of Guarantee and Democratic Collaboration. https://docs.decidim.org/en/understand/social-contract/ By signing this Social Contract, any individual, institution or social group of any kind undertakes to respect the principles set out herein when using, developing and participating in the Decidim community. The fundamental points of this Social Contract are listed below:
- The platform code, together with its modules or any other element developed for its operation and implementation, will always be free and Open Source
- The platform and its current or future configuration, development, implementation and use must guarantee and maximise, at all times, the transparency, traceability and integrity of documents, proposals, debates, decisions or any other participatory object, mechanism or process.
- The platform promises to ensure equal opportunities for all people, as well as for their proposals or other contributions that the platform could host
- The confidentiality and privacy of personal data that individuals may provide in order to participate in any of the functionalities and/or participation possibilities that the platform provides must be guaranteed at all times.
- Commitment to ongoing accountability and reliability
- Periodic review and evaluation mechanisms will be provided in order to facilitate continuous improvement of the platform.