[inDICEs Lab] Support, debates, and great ideas
A space for dialog, co-creation, and questions 🚑 between members of our InDICEs community
Listed are the last five questions on the survey for further discussion:
1) In your view, and in the light of the COVID-19 crisis, what are the most important aspects of digital transformation in the cultural heritage sector?
- Adopting advanced digitisation technologies
- Creating a more agile digital environment (e.g. in terms of processes,awareness, culture, leadership)
- Acquiring advanced digital skills
- Carrying out mass digitisation of existing and new material
- Providing online access to digitised content
- Using digitised content in immersive experiences with the help of interactive
- technologies such as VR and AR
- Organising virtual exhibitions online
- Putting in place curation structures for digital assets
2) In your view, what are the core sets of digital skills that the professionals of the cultural heritage sector should acquire?
- Digitisation (2D and/or 3D)
- Data and metadata management and analytics
- Copyright and licensing
- Interactive technologies (e.g. VR and AR)
- Other (please specify)
3 )In your view, which of the following are valuable applications of data and AI technologies in the area of cultural heritage
- Automated annotation of digitised cultural heritage (e.g. metadata describing and classifying an object or an image)
- Automated recognition of objects and fragments of objects (e.g. identifying the source object when just fragments are available)
- Reconstruction of lost cultural heritage information (e.g. predicting what a building such as a castle looked like originally when only some ruins are left and no other specific information about it)
- Extraction of new knowledge from cultural heritage data (e.g. research on influences between artists, styles, or periods)
4) In your view, how valuable would the following digital infrastructure elements be for the area of cultural heritage:
- Common data spaces for sharing cultural heritage data and building up high-value data sets
- Repository infrastructure for digitised cultural heritage content
- Cloud infrastructure for research on digitised cultural heritage material
- Supercomputing capabilities for large-scale cultural heritage simulations (e.g. models of entire cities or regions across time)
- Other: elaborate
5) Do you agree or disagree with the following statements about the importance of and the need to support digital transformation in the cultural heritage sector in the aftermath of the COVID-19 crisis?
- The EU and the Member States should intensify their actions in order to help cultural heritage institutions to address the challenges and seize the opportunities of the digital era.
- The digital transformation of European cultural heritage institutions should be addressed and coordinated at EU level.
- The EU’s support to Europeana, Europe’s only digital platform for cultural heritage, is important.
IF you have any further thoughts or contributions. Write the question number, copy the bullet point, along with your contribution in the comment.
Report a problem
Is this content inappropriate?